Team-Building & Leadership Training Workshops
for High School Bands
Custom training with your band at your school
Our High School Band Workshops are Unique Because:
- We come to your school and work with just your organization.
- We always tailor our workshops to your specific needs.
- Your students complete a questionnaire prior to the workshop.
- Also prior to your workshop, we work with you, the director, to determine areas of improvement for your student leader team and staff.
- Your top 3-4 student leaders get additional training which includes opportunities to lead their peers and then receive feedback.
- We also meet with your top student leaders to help them to identify and develop their individual skills and talents.
- Your leader team will acquire proven techniques that increase motivation and performance.
- Your student leaders will learn how to respectfully critique each other as part of leading a series of student activities.
- Your leaders will improve in their ability to speak in a positive, focused manner with direct eye contact.
- Your student leader team will gain proficiency in using a technique for respectfully handling problem situations.
- As a result, your group will develop a better working relationship between leaders, staff and band members.
- We will follow up with you after the training to ensure maximum benefit.
Types of Workshops, Topics Covered, and Expected Outcomes
For more details, read about the types of high school band workshops we offer.
Read about the topics covered in our workshops for high school bands and choirs.
To learn more about the problems teens have in leading, methods used in the workshop, and expected outcomes following the workshop, please read Problems, Methods and Expected Outcomes.
This page shows examples of student mission statements created in high school band workshops.
Our Team-Building and Leadership Training workshops for marching bands, concert bands, and show choirs and other musical groups range from one to three days at your site.
A recommended one-day follow-up workshop is also available.
We offer a $100 discount with purchase of 4 days of services.
While most bands use school or booster funds to pay for the workshops, grants may be another option. These articles on grants and fundraising may be helpful to your organization.
References and Student Quotes
Read the letters of recommendation by the band directors we've worked with, providing teamwork training for high school concert bands, marching bands, and choral groups.
You can also read quotes from student leaders who have participated in a team-building and leadership workshop for high school marching bands, concert bands, choruses and other musical groups.
Schedule a Visit With Us at the TMEA Convention
Peter will be available at the Texas Music Educators Association's Convention at the Henry B. Gonzales Convention Center, San Antonio, TX, February 12-14, 2014. But he will not have a booth. Be sure to call him to schedule an appointment (cell phone: 972·977·3905). This is a great opportunity to pick his brain on teamwork and leadership training.
Contact us for more information about our team-building workshops for bands.