Team-Building & Leadership Training Workshops for Sports Teams
Custom Training with Your Team at Your School
Our Workshops are Designed to:
- Increase individual and team confidence
- Enhance communication and trust between players and coaches
- Build an effective working relationship between team captains and players
- Develop intelligent decision making during and after competitions
- Help players quantify team goals, plans and rules
- Optimize team performance
How is our Team-building and Leadership Training for Sports Teams Different?
- We come to your school and work with just your organization.
- We always tailor our workshops to your specific needs.
- Your students complete a questionnaire prior to the workshop.
- Also prior to your workshop, we work with you, the coach, to determine areas of improvement for your student leader team and staff.
- Your top 3-4 student leaders get additional training which includes opportunities to lead their peers and then receive feedback.
- We also meet with your top student leaders to help them to identify and develop their individual skills and talents.
- Your leader team will acquire proven techniques that increase motivation and performance.
- Your student leaders will learn how to respectfully critique each other as part of leading a series of student activities.
- Your leaders will improve in their ability to speak in a positive, focused manner with direct eye contact.
- Your student leader team will gain proficiency in using a technique for respectfully handling problem situations.
- As a result, your group will develop a better working relationship between leaders, staff and team members.
- We will follow up with you after the training to ensure maximum benefit.
What Are Coaches Saying?
Take a look at this sentence from Jim Gosz' quote in the column to the left:
As a result, we went from a team in disarray to an undefeated State Champion, and ranked #17 nationally in the final USA Today newspaper poll.
That's the very truth. Read the King Basketball team's amazing comeback story.
Our team-building and leadership training workshops for athletic teams are 1/2 day, 1 day or 2 days in length.
A recommended one-day follow-up workshop is also available.
While most teams use school or booster funds to pay for the workshops, grants may be another option. These articles on grants and fundraising may be helpful to your organization.
Sports Team Mission Statements
This link shows examples of student mission statements created in high school sports team workshops.
Read the letters of recommendation by the coaches of sports teams we've worked with, providing teamwork training for high school athletics.
You can also read quotes from student athletes who have participated in a team-building and leadership workshop for high school sports teams.
Does Your Team Work Together Effectively?
We Can Help!
Let's talk about helping your team develop the team chemistry needed to excel. Contact us now to learn how we can create a team-building and leadership workshop to meet the particular needs of your high school sports team. We'll help your team evolve to the next level!
Personal Coaching for Individual Athletes
Consulting with individual athletes is also available in-person in the Dallas-Ft. Worth area or by phone. Contact us for more information about our personal coaching.
Want to learn more about Teens2Teams™ before contacting us?